The Kipper Cards are a 36 Card fortune telling deck dating back to 19th Century Germany. Each card shows a situation in which the reader can find themselves and easily identify and interpret what the future holds. Kipper's predictive accuracy is hitting the world by storm, if you want to know your future - Kipper is your tool! Learn how to predict the future using techniques that have been passed down for over 200 years by generations of readers in Bavaria and be in awe of the accuracy in which you can predict actual events.
Toni Puhle, Author of The Card Geek's Guide to Kipper teaches Live Courses with the World Divination Association and has is adept at tutoring students around the world in the Bavarian Kipper Reading Method (BKRM TM).
If you want to learn the magic and ease of the Kipper System join a course or become a member today!
Kipper Card Meanings by Toni Puhle
1. Main Character / 1. Hauptperson
The Querent - The Person asking the question or their partner.
1. Main Character (MC1) will always be a person, there is no core meaning to this card other than it being the person the read is referring to or a "player" in their lives.
2. Main Character / 2. Hauptperson
The Querent - The Person asking the question or their partner
2. Main Character (MC2) will always be a person, there is no core meaning to this card other than it being the person the read is referring to or a "player" in their lives.
3. Marriage / 3. Ehestand
3. Marriage is a connector card, it connects the two flanking cards and explains the state of their connection. If positive cards are around and the card is ahead of the MC then we see a positive connection, however, behind the Main Character's back and with challenging cards it could mean separation. Always check where it falls in conjunction with the Main Characters.
Marriage, Coming Together, Uniting
4. Convene / 4. Zusammenkunft
4. Convene is a connector card, it connects the two flanking cards to explain when/where the Querent will be most at one with their fellow beings, coming together at a party or having a meeting with like-minded business peeps. Joy, happiness and harmony surround the querent when they are with their clan.
Togetherness, Social, Parties
5. Good Gent / 5. Guter Herr
5. Good Gent brings good news when nearby and not surrounded by ominous cards. Check the cards around for his nature. He can be a mentor, boss, father figure or just 6. Good Lady's partner in the spread.
He is usually a person, but when not he brings in support and good news.
6. Good Lady / 5. Gute Dame
6. Good Lady brings joy in relationships when falling ahead of, or above the MC, falling behind this is a relative, who means annoyance. Like our Good Gent she can be a mentor, boss, motherly figure or the 5. Good Gent's partner in the spread.
She is usually a person, but when not she brings joy and motherly support.
7. Letter / 7. Angenehmer Brief
7. Letter isn't always pleasant, as the German title suggests.
It means happy tidings when it falls ahead or above the MCs. Falling behind these cards it means slander, grief and worry. 7. Letter is a stop card and thus stops the flow of the read, if you want to know if positive or negative tidings, look to the cards around and whether auspicious or inauspicious placement.
8. Dishonesty / 8. Falsche Person
8. Dishonesty means misfortune and danger when close to the MCs, further away it means loss, hypocrisy, betrayal to fear
Not a person card, look at the card that lies behind the door in the imagery (on my deck to the right) to see who or what is wrong in the situation. The dishonesty will have an effect on the card in her line of sight (my deck to the left).
9. Change / 9. Eine Veränderung
9. Change means changes of all description, the closer to the MC in the spread, the sooner the change will occur. This is a movement card, the card that falls behind is where the change begins and falling after is where the change is heading to or the outcome of the change. Check the imagery on your deck, in my deck the change starts to the right and moves to the left. Showing the changed situation to the right.
10. Journey / 10. Eine Reise
10. Journey means journeys of all types, whether a life journey or a trip to Mallorca. If this card is surrounded by positive cards it means a good, happy journey, if no good cards are nearby the journey will be fraught with inconveniences. The Journey begins with the cards beneath the Journey card and moves diagonal to the card above right (in the deck shown). You can therefore determine the start and the end of the journey.
11. Win Lots / 11. Viel Geld Gewinnen
11. Win Lots when nearby, one will receive great wealth through fortunate undertakings, however when distant it means the opposite. This is a stop card and literally means that we receive lots, but don't forget context, this means total abundance referring back to the question asked.
12. Rich Girl / 12. Reiches Mädchen
12. Rich Girl tells of a happy life, if surrounded by bad cards it signifies family sorrow. She can be your best friend or your worst frenemy, she can be a colleague, sister, non-serious girlfriend or a real pain in the backside, the cards around and her placement in the spread will tell you more.
Usually a Person, when not then a happy go lucky feeling.
13. Rich Gent / 13. Reicher guter Herr
13. Rich Gent brings good news and Luck when not surrounded by harmful cards. He is similar to the 12. Rich Girl in that he can be your best mate but also a rival. He is also a financial dude, showing financial transactions and career paths. He can be your brother, a colleague, a friend or a rival depending on his placement in the spread.
Usually a person, when not he brings a sense of purpose and focus.
14. Sad News / 14. Traurige Nachricht
14. Sad News when close to the MCs it means it won’t be long before something unpleasant comes along. The cause of the sad news is behind her back (in my deck to the left) and the card ahead of her is what is effected by the sad news. It is a negative experience and anything that makes our shoulder hang low in disappointment or similar.
Not a person.
15. Good Outcome / 15. Guter Ausgang in der Liebe
15. Good Outcome is a super shiny card as long as 8. Dishonesty doesn't fall nearby, if Card 8 is nearby, one must deal with obstacles and deceit. 15 signifies friendship, love and things turning out as they should. Refer the answer of "good outcome" back to the question asked - context remember! A stop card.
16. His thoughts / 16. Seine Gedanken
16. His Thoughts means the thoughts of somebody, you are interested in, are good as long as cards 8, 14, 23, 24, 29 and 30 are not close by. 16 also shows planning and preparing and of course romance! If you want to know where his thoughts lie, look to the card above right (where cupid is in the imagery), this card will give you that information! A stop card.
Not a person.
17. Gift / 17. Geschenk Bekommen
17. Gift close to the MCs shows a Gift. It can be gifts of all shapes and sizes, we can determine the gift by looking to the cards above and below, the card above shows the origin of the gift or surprise and the card below shows what/whom will benefit from it.
18. Child / 18. Ein kleines Kind
18. Child shows a child in the family or anything "new". It can show a baby will come soon, however, should an inauspicious card be nearby, there will be annoyance, sorrow and worry. Think of how a child can be so playful but then shortly afterwards, throw a tantrum!
Can be a child but often a core meaning of new or fresh.
19. Fatality / 19. Ein Todesfall
Traditionally, 19. Fatality when close by an MC shows there will be a fatality in the family, if card 21 falls immediately nearby the fatality will take place quickly and unexpectedly. It shows endings of all descriptions, highly directional too so we can determine exactly what is ending - look to the card diagonal left below to see what will be ended once and for all!
20. House / 20. Haus
20. House traditionally near the MCs means fortune and Blessing in all undertakings, a stable life for the MC. House is where we come from and where we identify with, an actual building or a neighbourhood can be shown, it can show the office in which you work or a stability that you enjoy. House is our security and firm sense of belonging somewhere. Stop card